Social Software and its Role in Product Promotion

This is a Blog that I am operating for a grade! That's right, this is a school project! The class: Audience Research, the goal: To determine what people think about SOCIAL SOFTWARE (ie: MYSPACE, Facebook, etc), and how effective it is for marketing products!

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Social Software and Sales

Due to a recent death in the family, I have been having difficulty coming up with things to post. MY mind has been wandering and it has been making it difficult for me to think. For this reason I turned to the bloggs!

I ran a search on bloggspot for social software and marketing, and I found an interesting article that I wish to share with you. HOwever, there will be no questions for you to answer. Just give me an opinion!

Very interesting read. It's great that Hamid disclosed so much information. I worked at a firm in the past where a client came up with an idea for a free online promotion. (David probably remembers it more than I) They had to kill that promotion overnight after 1000's (10,000s???) of orders came in creating a logistical nightmare. Some free promotion sites posted it on their message boards and it spread like a virus. Thank goodness it wasn't our idea. :) This was waaaaay back in the day before Digg, blogging, etc. I'm not even sure if Google was around then. I can't imagine that client doing the same promotion when considering today's blogosphere.

This post came from jemos.com (http://jemos.com/2006/03/17/SocialMarketingExperimentSelling13MOfSoftwareIn3Days.aspx)

I have been attempting to convince you, the readers, that marketing through social software is a great idea. This information seems to prove the theory!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home