Social Software and its Role in Product Promotion

This is a Blog that I am operating for a grade! That's right, this is a school project! The class: Audience Research, the goal: To determine what people think about SOCIAL SOFTWARE (ie: MYSPACE, Facebook, etc), and how effective it is for marketing products!

Saturday, April 01, 2006

My TEST of social software and its MARKETING abilities!

SO... I have been operating this blog for a few weeks! What most do not know, is that I have been testing the marketing capabilities of social software since day one!

After my first real post, I began sending messages to all of my friends on both myspace and facebook. These messages said whay my blog was, and asked people to read and comment. As anyone can clearly see, I have many comments on my early posts. This is from my method of marketing.

After a few posts, I ended my marketing strategy. I ceased the sending of messages telling people about my blog. Obviously, it is clear what happened. People stopped looking and commenting.

After completing this project, my conclusion is well founded. SOCIAL SOFTWARE IS A GREAT WAY TO MARKET!

Sending messages to many people, I managed to draw a readership, but did not manage to hold it! Had I continued to market my blog, my number of comments would have dramatically increased, possibly to the point where people would check it without prompt from my messages.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

Had I continued to solicit comments, would people have continued to read?
Is this a good way to determine if something, such as social networking software, is good for marketing?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home